Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on any of the question below to view the answer.
- What is the difference between SDi and other brands like PADI?
- In terms of diver training, there is very little difference between SDi and other American brands under the RSTC umbrella. SDi follows the diving standards set by RSTC - Recreational Scuba Training Council. SDi offers excellent, safe courses with the aim of producing capable divers. However, we believe that SDi has a leading edge in the use of dive computers even in the entry-level Open Water Diver course thus adding both more reliability and enjoyment. SDi is recognised internationally.
Click here to read Open Water FAQ.
- Why do I have to take a swim test as part of the open water course?
- For the safety and enjoyment of the diving experience and to comply with SDi guidelines, being comfortable in the water is a requirement, which is demonstrated by this short, un-timed swim.
- Do you do island transfers for non-divers?
- It is possible to be dropped off on the islands in the morning and have the dive boat pick you up in the afternoon for the return trip to KK. Contact the office for prices and details.
- How do I find Sabah Diverís office?
- Located in the heart of KK, the main office can be found on the Ground Floor, Wisma Sabah, Jln Haji Saman. The office is open daily, including Sundays and bank holidays. Go to the contact page to see our office map and get our information details.